New year, new you, new headshot?
Professional headshots are more important than you might think. Whether you are a business owner, work for a company, or even still in school, your headshot says a lot to your clients/customers or future employer. Your headshot could be the first impression you make on someone, so it should be a good one!
Clothes should be comfortable yet professional.
- These photos are all about your face, so do not overdue it with too much jewelry or accessories.
- Avoid big prints and busy patterns, solid neutral colors are best.
- Bring both a dress shirt/blouse and a jacket/tie for different looks.
- For ladies, sleeveless tops/dresses can draw attention to your arms. Consider bringing items with longer sleeves.
- Also for ladies, keep makeup natural and avoid bright colors. You might even consider getting your hair and makeup done professionally, it makes a huge difference!
- Guys, make sure your hair and facial hair are groomed nicely.
- Bring your previous headshots and make sure you open up to the photographer about what you like/dislike and what you want.
- Try to relax! The more comfortable you are, the better the photos will turn out!
Below are some examples of clean and simple headshots that I took of Nicole Marchion, an insurance specialist.
Thanks for reading!
xo Ashley Caitlin